Party In The Park
Artist Showcase & Concert
Sponsored by AllHipHop.com
CALLING ALL UNSIGNED VOCAL ARTISTS
Enter now for your chance to WIN $1,000 PLUS publicity appearances and a live performance at our 2020 showcase.
Perform for over 1,000 music fans and music industry judge!
Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur
CEO of AllHipHop.com
Final Contestants will compete LIVE during our “Party in the Park” concert at Discovery Green Park on Saturday, June 8 from 6 PM to 9 PM.
With Special Guest Lil’ Keke
Performance by 2017 Artist Showcase Winner
Vannah Blaq, formerly known as Savannah Hoffner, wowed our judges and won a recording deal with Penalty Entertainment in 2017. Listen to her hit single “Sometimes I Cry”
How to enter
All you need to do is submit a 2 to 3-minute video showing off your best vocal skills along with the online application form.
“TBE Party in the Park” Artist Showcase Competition
COMPLETE CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
Texas Black Expo invites unsigned vocal artists to submit a 2 to 3-minute video demonstrating their singing ability along with the online application form. Applicants will be entered for a chance to compete at the TBE “Party in the Park” Artist Showcase Competition to be held on Saturday, June 8, 2019 at Discovery Green Park, Houston, TX.
From the total entries, 6 finalists will be selected to compete live on stage at the “TBE Party in the Park” Artists Showcase for a chance to win a $1,000 grand prize, publicity appearances and a live performance at the 2020 showcase.
If selected to compete as a finalist, a $350.00 promotional fee will be required.
Promotional fee provides inclusion of your name, photo and/or video in Texas Black Expo talent showcase marketing and promotions as well as a display table in the Arts & Cultural Pavilion on Saturday, June 8, 2019 at the Texas Black Expo at George R Brown Convention Center.
Application form must be submitted online via www.texasblackexpo.com.
Submission period to apply is April 15, 2019 through May 6, 2019.
- Must be at least fourteen (14) years of age to participate in the competition. Proof of age will be required and must be presented on the day of the talent showcase. Any participant that is under the age of eighteen (18) must have his or her parent or legal guardian’s written permission to participate.
- Contestants/Finalists must not be entered into any type of contractual agreement with a record company, production company or talent agency. If contestant has ever been in contractual agreements, all terms and conditions of the contracts must have expired at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the TBE event, June 8, 2019.
- Video submission is mandatory to audition to become a contestant/finalist in the showcase. Videos can be uploaded with entry form through April 29, 2019. Entrants may submit only one (1) video. Any applicant under the age of eighteen (18) as of the date of submission, must have his or her parent or legal guardian complete the application and sign up as the registered user.
- Entry form is accessible online at texasblackexpo.com. Based on total audition videos submitted, six (6) acts will be selected to perform at the showcase. On the day of the event, parents or legal guardians of any minors that are selected to perform will be asked to show proof that s/he is the parent or legal guardian of the contestant.
- Should you be selected as a contestant, a three hundred fifty-dollar ($350.00) promotional fee is required. Promotional fee provides inclusion of your name and/or photo/video in Texas Black Expo talent showcase marketing and promotions and a display table in the Music Pavilion at the 2019 Texas Black Expo. All final contestants will be will receive additional information on how to submit payment.
- Employees of Texas Black Expo and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, web site providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) are not eligible to win.
- Selected contestants/finalist will be notified via email by May 15, 2019. PLEASE PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU REGISTER.
- Contestants selected to perform at the TBE “Party in the Park” Showcase will be required to complete a Participant Agreement and Release Agreement. If the selected contestant is a minor, both contestant and the contestant’s parent or legal guardian must sign each form.
- Contestants total performance time is a maximum of five (5) minutes, including talk time.
- Contestants will not be allowed to sing the same song; therefore, contestants must submit the names of three song choices prior to the showcase. Songs submitted for performance will be reviewed for approval. If the same song is submitted by more than one contestant, approval for which contestant will sing the song will be based upon the contestant that submitted first (first come first serve rule applies).
- Song lyrics and performance that is sexually explicit, obscene, profane or promotes violence, discrimination or illegal acts will be deemed unacceptable.
- Contestants will perform with pre-recorded music, no lead vocals on track. Contestants may perform with their keyboard or guitar. No backup singers allowed. Backup dancers are allowed
- Pre-recorded performance music must be submitted 10 days prior to the performance via electronic submission. Additionally, please provide a photo and introduction information for the showcase emcee.
- Contestants must agree to grant permission to Texas Black Expo to use their AKA/stage name, photos and videos for the purpose of advertising and publicity.
- TBE “Party in the Park” Artists Showcase will be held Saturday, June 8, 2019 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Discovery Green Park in Downtown Houston.
By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, each winner grants Texas Black Expo (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) the irrevocable right without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
The winner for the TBE “Party in the Park” Artists Showcase will be determined by participating showcase audience members as well as industry judges. Votes from audience member will account for 40% and scores from judges will be worth 60% of total votes.
Attendees will be required to download the TBE mobile app for FREE entry to the event. Each user will have the ability to vote via the mobile app for their favorite contestant. The audience will be prompted, by the emcee, with instructions on how to vote at the beginning of the event. Other methods to encourage voting will include signage at the venue and push notifications via the app.
Showcase judges will consist of industry executives, media executives, music producers and/or established artist.
Contestants will receive scores from 1 – 10 points in the following categories:
30% Vocals, Flow, Control and Delivery
20% Stage Presence and Showmanship
10% Marketability, Style and Appearance
Entry form are available online at www.texasblackexpo.com.
For more information about the artists showcase, please send an email to [email protected].